Friday, September 6, 2013

Everything will be okay...right???

I fear the panic of all the unknowns is setting in.  Another wonderful side effect of no summer job and ample time to sit at home with my thoughts.

In about three months, our lives are going to change drastically.  I can't begin to describe how much we're looking forward to the joy, excitement, and love that Emma Lynn is going to add to our lives, but those feelings of doubt and worry are starting to seep in through the cracks.

We're having a baby.  Our future holds sleepless nights, dirty diapers, throw up, and, chances are, two very tired and cranky parents.  How can they possibly entrust two naive, untrained, flawed human beings with the survival and well-being of an innocent, helpless infant?!  What are they thinking???  (And who are they, by the way?)  :-)

In the midst of my perfect timing, I have accepted a new job.  The great part is it will allow me to work from home.  The not-so-great part, the hours start small, and the nights start long.  I'll be working three part-time jobs come next year, and still not sure that will be enough.  How will we provide for another mouth to feed?  How will I do at balancing work and family and making sure that Nate and Emma get everything they need from me while still helping support the family?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions and it's scary.  But we've made it through tough times before and human beings are quite resilient.  I'm hoping these thoughts are all coming from my overly dramatic subconscious and are not a foreshadowing of what's to come.  Where there's a will, there's a way; right?  Right!

3 comments:

  1. Love you! God is good, and though there may be some times of struggle, He will see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can do it, you can do it! I remember thinking the same thoughts. You are going to be so overjoyed with that new little being that the other stuff won't seem to matter. I swear! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like we need to do the lies and truths exercise all over again. ; )

    ReplyDelete

 

Adventures in Babyland Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea