Sunday, March 31, 2013

Third time's a charm???

Well, folks, here we are again.  Certainly pregnant, but not feeling so certain.

I'm 5 weeks today.  On my last "date" with my hubby, I just knew it happened.  I tried not to obsess, mostly successfully.  A week and a day after ovulation, I left for New York with my mom and sis.  Trying to keep things under wraps, I discreetly peed on a stick every morning before my shower.  Four days straight.  Negative.  Negative.  Negative.  Negative.

How could it be?  I was SO sure.  Granted it was still a little early...Aunt Flo wasn't due to arrive for another couple days.  But those pee-on-a-sticks are supposed to be accurate up to 6 days before your missed period.  Liars.

Since things have been running right on schedule since Paleo entered my life, I found it odd when I was a day late.  I know.  It's only a day.  I've been off of Paleo for a while because, let's face it, I missed carbs.  And sugar.  And popcorn.  And...well, you get the idea.  Could I have stopped ovulating again???

What the heck, I'll take one more test to confirm.  The day after returning from New York -- and the day before moving into our new home (yay!) -- there it was.  That wonderful, wonderful word spelled out in digital letters: PREGNANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Babyland Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea