Saturday, July 28, 2012

Miracles do happen!

The last month has been quite a whirlwind.  Since I went on injectables on June 5th, there has been much frustration.  My body still was not responding to the medication and the doctor didn't seem too happy with the results.  I had 4 total follicles, but only one that was growing.  This brought our chances for success down to a measly 7%.  My doctor even suggested that we skip any further IUI treatments and go straight to IVF (about $10,000 a pop with only 65% success rate).  I felt so discouraged that I questioned whether completing this IUI cycle was even worth the effort.

Nate and I discussed our options and decided that we needed a break from the stress and emotions that come along with infertility.  If this cycle doesn't work, we'll go back to trying on our own.

My one follicle eventually reached a viable size, and we induced ovulation on the 11th. 

I started charting my temperatures again in hopes that I would know sooner if implantation did or didn't take place.  Everything was looking good.  I saw the ovulation dip indicating the trigger worked.  We had two back-to-back IUIs on the 12th and 13th.  My temperatures were up and staying high.  Every day that passed increased my hope just a little bit.

I had a blood test scheduled for the 27th.  Two days prior, my temperature dropped more than an full degree.  This could indicate one of two things: an "implantation dip" in which your temp drops for one day, or my period was on its way.  I immediately lost hope and gave in that this wasn't our month.

The next morning, I woke up at 5:45am to take my temperature.  I never expected to see it shoot back up to its pre-dip measurement!  Of course, over the next few hours I took multiple pregnancy tests.  I was getting a very faint positive line, but didn't want to get my hopes up.  On Friday the 27th, I took a digital test and it read "pregnant"!  I still don't think it's sunk in.

My blood test at the doctor's office confirmed and showed hCG levels of 70, which is right in line with where I should be, 4 weeks along.  I'm scheduled for another test on Monday to confirm that the numbers are increasing and the pregnancy is progressing as it should.

I'm still pretty nervous.  We're only halfway to where we were when I had my miscarriage and we are far from out of the woods.  We are hoping and praying that this one "sticks"!  Can't wait till October when we can finally make the announcement to all the ones we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Babyland Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea