Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Attention all passengers, your flight has been delayed..."

I turned 35 this week.  I'm officially high risk...you know, in case things weren't hard enough already.

Wonderful.

Sometimes it feels like the days are dragging.  Before our last IUI, we decided if we weren't successful, we would take some time off before trying again.  It's now been a month and I am ready to get this show on the road.  Unfortunately, it appears as though Aunt Flo has been stuck at the airport with no arrival time in sight.

Impatience got the best of me yesterday -- or maybe it was just reality -- and I called up the doc to let her know it's been 33 days with no period and my temperature readings show no sign of ovulation this month.  It's disconcerting to think that my body isn't able to regulate itself and makes me wonder if I hadn't been on the pill for 14 years and had figured this out sooner, if maybe something could have been done.  Of course, none of that really matters.

They've got me taking Metformin, which supposedly will assist with my PCOS and help regulate me.  I've only been on it two and a half weeks, but it clearly isn't working (yet), and I've been feeling nauseated for the last few days.  (I know what you're thinking...already took a test...negative)

So I'll go in on Tuesday for my ultrasound and blood tests and likely end up on another medication, which will get that plane flying again.  You know what they say..."Better late than pregnant."  Wait a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adventures in Babyland Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea